Wednesday 2 May 2012

Modelling the scene..

After modelling basic scene assets for testing purposes after receiving the concepts for the scene I modelled the environment. What I had learnt from importing the test assets was that the polycount of the gates were way too high causing frame rate issues within unity, modelling the fences corrected this. The concepts were very useful to create exactly what was intended for the scene. The actual modelling process was straight forward using the same techniques of smoothing edges and reducing polycount generally. I knew these were intended to be duplicated within the Unity scene so I created a few variations of each asset. The trees from testing were left in as I was pleased with the initial result. I then sent these to Ken to be textured.

Maya scene:


Presented images at crit (ambient occlusion):






No comments:

Post a Comment